- Born and raised in Wellington, Married 36 years, 3 children
- Trained Otago Medical School, Postgraduate training in Wellington and Auckland
- Lived in Auckland since 1986, in Parnell last 26 years.
- In General practice 35 years.
- Own practice in Papatoetoe 1990-2001
- Took over from Dr Nelum Soysa in Parnell 2001 – present
- Awarded Distinguished Fellowship to the Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners 2008
Professional interests include:
- Evidence Based Medicine (Best Practice Guidelines)
- Preventative Health Care. (Screening, detection and management of risk factors).
- Chronic Disease Management
- International expert in Medical Informatics
Medical Software Including:
- Next Generation Clinical Notes – Full clinical notes / Decision Support/ patient education. In hundred’s of sites through out NZ, pilot sites in South Africa and India.
- MyPractice Practice Management System
- Health365 Patient Portal
- Nexxt Pathway Navigator
- Diabetes Clinic Software -Whitiora Diabetes Clinic, South Auckland Vision Screening Database
- National Heart Foundation Coronary Risk Calculator / Guidelines
- Consultant on projects including: Breast Screening Program for Health Waikato, Discharge Summaries for Northland Health/ SAH, Laboratory Results Viewer (A+), Kidznet database.